The Township of Nipigon owns and maintains Cliffside Cemetery (Licence # 3303922). Burial plots and Columbaria are available to purchase.
For more information, please contact the clerk's office at 807-887-3135 or download the Cemetery By-law.
Staff are available to assist you through your decision-making process and answer any questions you may have. For lot and niche prices and fees, please view the Cemetery Fee Schedule.
What is the contact information for the local funeral home
Elliott Funeral Home
175 Railway St, Nipigon, ON P0T 2J0
How do I purchase a plot or columbaria?
Plots or columbarias may be purchased from the Township.
Am I allowed to do repairs or alterations to a monument?
Only municipally authorized and licenced monument dealers may carry out any work in Municipality-owned cemeteries.
For more information, please view our Cemetery By-law, or contact the Clerk’s office.
May I place decorations on our columbarium or lot?
- Flowers must be placed in front of marker only.
- The size of the flower bed can extend to a maximum of one foot from the front border of the marker.
- Unbreakable containers.
- Artificial flowers will be permitted in a container.
- Wooden crosses or memorials for up to 5 years from interment date (max size 1 meter from finished grave).
- Borders, fences, railing, wall and cut-stone copings
- Trees, shrubs and hedges
- Glass and ceramic items