Accessible Chair Lift
The Nipigon Swimming Pool is accessible for individuals wishing to come to the pool but have difficulties entering the pool. Inform one of our staff members if you require assistance.
Open to anyone with an interest in swimming.
Open to all families. A parent or guardian MUST be in the water with the children at all times. Family rates applies to immediate family members only.
* Immediate family: parent/guardian and children
Open to swimmers interested in swimming lengths for fitness or pleasure. All swimmers must be at least 13 years of age to participate.
Monday - Friday
Hours Type 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Family Swim 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Adult Lengths 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Aquabics 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CLOSED (Lunch) 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Public Swim 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Adult Lengths 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM Family Swim 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Public Swim
FREE PUBLIC SWIMS
Day Hours Sponsored By Tuesday 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Red Rock Indian Band Friday 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Township of NIpigonTHE FOLLOWING SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO UNFORESEEN CHANGES.
Swimming lessons are provided in 4 sessions. Each session runs every day for 2 weeks. All levels will be offered pending on registration in the various classes.
- Preschool A, B, C, D, E - 3 to 5 years of age
- Swimmer 1 to 6 - children 5 years of age and older
- Rookie, Ranger, Star - for those who have completed swimmer 6
- Bronze Medallion / Bronze Cross - 13 years +
A low impact aqua fitness class for all ages! Classes are led by our trained instructors, however, participants may exercise at their own pace.
Canada Day Free Fun Swim!
Join us at the Pool on July 1st for Canada Day festivities.
FREE. Swimming and diving competitions. Prizes and medals to be won! Come out and show your skills while having a great time!
When: Beginning of August.
Nipigon's family friendly Tryathlon. Compete as an individual or on a team. Swim in the pool, bike and then run. Distances vary depending on age group.
Swim Passes / Admission
Daily Seasonal Child $3.00 $80.00 Student (14 to 18) $4.00 $90.00 Senior (55+) $3.00 $90.00 Adult $5.00 $115.00 Family
$10.00 $180.00 Aquabics $6.00 $145.00 Aquabics Weekly $25.00
Pool Rentals are Not Available for 2021
FEE: $70.00 per hour
Perfect for windups and birthday parties! Rent the pool for an hour for any desired event, pending availability. They must be booked at least one week prior and can be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00pm to 5:00pm and Sundays from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
Refunds will only be given on account of bad weather (ie. lightening and thunder).
Fee must be paid when booked or it will not be scheduled
COVID Pool Rules
- Entrance to the Swim Pool will be through the side gate by the park
A reduced capacity limit - 30 swimmer load will allow for adequate physical distancing
- Swimmers will line up socially distanced outside the gate.
- Pool Staff will conduct active in-person health screening for all bathers entering the pool
- Bathers must hand sanitize when entering the pool gates
- Pool Staff will be taking names, contact info and payment at the entrance gate.
Swim Pool Changes
- Change Rooms will be closed and only used for shower and bathroom
Pool Staff will monitor use and grant access to these areas
- All Bathers will then proceed to the showers, one by one. Parent with child can go into the showers together
- Swimmers are encouraged to only bring a towel/shoes & cover up
- Swimmers will keep their towels/shoes in the hoola hoops that are placed inside the fenced area. These markers are 2m apart.
- All swimmers are to wear their mask into the pool deck area and when exiting, but masks are not allowed in the swim pool. Bathers should maintain social distancing on the deck.
- The slide and diving board will be open
- Pool toys will be distributed to bathers by pool staff. All pool toys will be sanitized after each use by our pool staff.
- All bathers will exit through the gate near the pool garage.
- Children under the age of 10 who are non-swimmers must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is at least 13 years old.
- Children under the age of 10 who are swimmers may be admitted into the pool unaccompanied
- A swim test, of one length of the pool, is required for all kids interested in swimming in the deep end
- Children under the age of 6 may not be admitted into the pool unless they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who are responsible for direct supervision - maximum of two people / parent
- There must be one supervising caregiver for every 4 non-swimmers aged 6 to 9
- No parents on deck during swimming lessons!
- Anyone infected with a communicable disease or having open sores on their body will not be allowed in the pool
- Attire: Swimsuits or clean shorts and/or a clean t-shirt. Children who are not toilet trained must wear little swimmers with their swimsuit. No disposable or cloth diapers are permitted
- Everyone must shower before entering the pool