Superior Theatre Festival is offering free, one hour Youth and Adult Masterclasses during the festival this week from Tuesday Aug.18th to Friday Aug. 21st 2020. All of the Masterclasses are being taught …Read More
Resources at 52 Front Street
- Computer Stations with internet access
- YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN HEADPHONES FOR THE COMPUTERS
- Wireless internet (must rejoin after each hour of use)
- Printing / Scanning to usb and email / Photocopying / Laminating
- Computer software: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proctoring is available — ask a staff member 807-887-3142
- External dvd player, external floppy A drive available
- Victor DAISY reader for physically / visually impared patrons
- books, newspapers, magazines, dvd’s, audio books, knitting needles, chocolate molds, die press cutter, chess set, board games
- interlibrary loans and CELA – for those with print disabilities
- Ancestry Library Edition – genealogy resource
Contact Nipigon Public Library at 807-887-3142 with questions, comments, or suggestions.
eResources (internet based)
- automotive repair manuals: Chilton, Small Engine Repair
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, interlibrary loans, reader’s advory K-8 and adult: EBSCOhost audiobooks and eBooks and eBook public library, Audiobook Premier, Freading, Overdrive, Novelist, Novelist K-8, Tumblebooks audiobooks and K-6 and K-6 math and 7-12 ebooks and adult romance
- food / cooking / recipes: A to Z world food
- genealogy: Ancestry (MUST be accessed at 52 Front Street)
- health: Consumer Health Complete english and french
- history: Ancestry, Frontier Life, Nipigon history
- interlibrary loans
- language courses: Rosetta Stone immersion courses
- maps: A to Z maps online
- reference: Associated Press Video, Canadian Points of View, Canadian Reference, Chilton, Consumer Health – english and french, EBSCOhost Research Databases, Master File, Primary Search, Small Engine Repair
Computer Use Guidelines
Children under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a disclaimer in order to use the internet. This form expires every two (2) years and then a new one must be completed and on file. Patrons must respect the integrity of the Library’s computers and utilize only those programs and services posted on each computer. Patrons may not use their own software programs on library computers. This will help prevent computer viruses. Online Chat is not allowed on library computer stations. There is a fee for printing, scanning and faxing. The guidelines and policies are posted at the library.
Audio Books – downloadable over the internet or borrow on CD or Playaway from the library.
Automobile Repair Manuals – access through the library website
Books in English for all ages in regular and LARGE PRINT and downloadable over the internet.
Community Information – posted on our bulletin board in the lobby.
Computer software – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Photoshop.
Fax Service – sending $2.00 first page and $1.00 for each additional page. Receiving $1.00 per page.
Information – Do you have a question? Our helpful staff will show you how to find the answer.
Interlibrary Loan – books not owned by our library can be requested from other Canadian libraries.
Laminating – $1.00 per page (legal and letter size)
Local History Collection – Non-circulating scrap books and online.
Magazines – Read in the library or at home
Newspapers – Nipigon newspapers are available on our website and in-library. The Chronicle Journal and the Nipigon-Red Rock Gazette.
Photocopying & Printing – $0.25 per single-sided black/white sheet; $0.40 per double-sided black/white sheet; $0.40 per 11×17 single-sided black/white sheet; $0.50 per single-sided colour sheets.
Reading and Study Space – desks, chairs and a couch are available to use.
DVD – Child and adult movies may be borrowed for one week loan periods.
Wireless Internet / Wifi – is available to use.
Library cards must be presented to borrow library materials. Most books and talking books are borrowed for three weeks. Videos are borrowed for one week. All materials must be renewed or returned to avoid late charges. Each borrower is responsible for all materials loaned on his or her card and will be billed for loss or damages. Library membership is free to residents of Nipigon, Red Rock and to students attending school in Nipigon. Children’s cards must be authorized by a parent or guardian. Your library card allows you to access library internet resources. Parents or guardians must either be with their children or sign a permission form for children to use library computers.
Adult Books: $0.50 per day per item (Maximum $10.00 per item)
Children’s Books / kits: $0.50 per day per item (Maximum $3.00 per item)
Talking Books: $0.50 per day per item (Maximum $10.00 per item)
Videos: $2.00 per day per video (Maximum $10.00 per item)
Last updated March 17, 2020.