The Township of Nipigon has been actively monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it evolves around the world and in Canada.
Please note that all measures being taken by the Township of Nipigon are precautionary.
There is currently ONE (1) confirmed case of COVID-19 within the Township.
ALL Township of Nipigon facilities will be closed until May 4/2020. This is a precautionary measure by the Township of Nipigon due to COVID-19.
The Nipigon Community Centre, the EDGE Arts building, the Nipigon Museum and the Nipigon Public Library, the Nipigon Municipal Office and the Nipigon Public Works Garage are all closed to the public until May 4/2020 for precautionary measures.
The Nipigon Landfill Site will remain operating during its regular hours.
Garbage Pick Up and essential Public Works duties will remain as is but the garage is closed to the public.
The number one recommendation is to STAY HOME. If you have to leave your home, please follow these steps to keep yourself and everyone else safe:
- washing your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- sneezing and coughing into your sleeve
- practice social distancing as much as possible (avoid shaking hands)
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- avoid contact with people who are sick
- self-isolate if you are exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
March 31/2020 – Township of Nipigon
Nipigon Resident Updates
Regular updates will be provided on the Township of Nipigon website and social media.
Announcement – Park and Rec Closure
Announcement – First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in the Township of Nipigon
Press Release – Declaration of Emergency
COVID-19: Information for Workplaces
- www.ontario.ca/coronavirus – The Ontario Ministry of Health reports on the status of cases in Ontario each morning at 10:30 am
- www.TBDHU.COM/coronavirus – The Health Unit’s website contains links to credible sources of information for both the public and local health care providers
- https://www.tbdhu.com/stopgerms – for recommendations and useful information on hygiene and cough etiquette precautions