The Township of Nipigon moved to Stay at Home on direction of the Province, effective April 8, 2021.
The Municipal Office, Community Centre, EDGE Arts building, the Nipigon Museum, and the Nipigon Public Works Garage are all closed to the public until further notice.
- Payments may continue to be made by check, online banking or etransfer.
The Nipigon Library will offer window service only.
The Nipigon Landfill Site has normal hours and the Recycling Depot will be open daily from 10 – 3 using the honour system and on Saturdays with an attendant from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Garbage Pick Up and essential Public Works duties will remain as is but the garage is closed to the public.
Please click HERE for hours of operation and COVID protocols of LOCAL BUSINESSES. This document was last updated JULY 9, 2020. If you would like to add your business to this document, or need information in your business listing changed – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The number one recommendation is to STAY HOME. If you have to leave your home, please follow these steps to keep yourself and everyone else safe:
- washing your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- sneezing and coughing into your sleeve
- practice social distancing as much as possible (avoid shaking hands)
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- avoid contact with people who are sick
- self-isolate if you are exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
Nipigon Resident Updates
Regular updates will be provided on the Township of Nipigon website and social media.
COVID-19: Information for Workplaces
- www.ontario.ca/coronavirus – The Ontario Ministry of Health reports on the status of cases in Ontario each morning at 10:30 am
- www.TBDHU.COM/coronavirus – The Health Unit’s website contains links to credible sources of information for both the public and local health care providers
- https://www.tbdhu.com/stopgerms – for recommendations and useful information on hygiene and cough etiquette precautions