NOTICE Please note that all measures being taken by the Township of Nipigon are a precautionary and a result of Ontario’s announcement that the Thunder Bay District is now moved …Read More
The Township of Nipigon has been actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it evolves around the world and in Canada.
Please note that all measures being taken by the Township of Nipigon are precautionary.
The Township of Nipigon facilities have moved to Phase 3 as of July 21, 2020.
The EDGE Arts building, the Nipigon Museum, and the Nipigon Public Works Garage are all closed to the public until further notice for precautionary measures.
The Nipigon Municipal Office will be operating normal hours for payments only with safety precautions in place. You will be required to sanitize hands and wear a mask before entering the reception/cashier area. One person may enter at a time.
- Payments may continue to be made by check, online banking or etransfer.
The Nipigon Library will operate regular days with reduced hours, starting July 28, 2020
The Nipigon Landfill Site returns to normal operations beginning July 18, 2020 and the Recycling Depot will be open on Saturdays only from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the foreseeable future.
The Fitness Room will be open Monday to Friday only from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. with social distancing and other safety precautions in place, including one hour shut down between 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. for thorough sanitization of equipment. Access will be restricted to 10 people
Garbage Pick Up and essential Public Works duties will remain as is but the garage is closed to the public.
Nipigon Marina Campground will begin operations starting Monday, July 20, 2020.
Please click HERE for hours of operation and COVID protocols of LOCAL BUSINESSES. This document was last updated JULY 9, 2020. If you would like to add your business to this document, or need information in your business listing changed – please contact email@example.com
The number one recommendation is to STAY HOME. If you have to leave your home, please follow these steps to keep yourself and everyone else safe:
- washing your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- sneezing and coughing into your sleeve
- practice social distancing as much as possible (avoid shaking hands)
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- avoid contact with people who are sick
- self-isolate if you are exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
Nipigon Resident Updates
Regular updates will be provided on the Township of Nipigon website and social media.
Announcement – Federal Community Emergency Support Fund – provides financial support for registered charities and qualified organization/local governments that have programming focused on supporting vulnerable populations. For more information on how to apply, click here – May 19, 2020
Announcement – Access to Nipigon Marina
Announcement – Park and Rec Closure
Announcement – First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in the Township of Nipigon
Press Release – Declaration of Emergency
COVID-19: Information for Workplaces
- www.ontario.ca/coronavirus – The Ontario Ministry of Health reports on the status of cases in Ontario each morning at 10:30 am
- www.TBDHU.COM/coronavirus – The Health Unit’s website contains links to credible sources of information for both the public and local health care providers
- https://www.tbdhu.com/stopgerms – for recommendations and useful information on hygiene and cough etiquette precautions